Tuesday 15 May 2012

5 Tips to improve your photography

I am writing this whist waiting to be photographed by my local paper for taking 2 years of daily photos on Blipfoto. Here are my 5 tips for improving your photography as an amateur:

  1. Always take your camera/camera phone: if you haven't got it with you then you may miss out on a great photo opportunity! I use my iPhone so 95% of time I have it on me. For big trips I also take my digital compact.
  2. Join photo sharing sites: sites such as Instagram, Flickr and Blipfoto are good ways to see what others do and to get tips and advice on how to make your photos better.
  3. Keep your eyes peeled: when you are out and about look around for things that are either lovely to look at or quirky.
  4. "Collect" a series: I took a whole series of post box photographs trying to get one for every monarch since Victoria. It makes for a challenge to try and spot new ones.
  5. Take lots of photos: with digital technology you can take 100s or 1000s of photographs in a day and then you have plenty to choose from!
What are your 5 tips?

1 comment:

  1. Good tips. I've recently discovered that it really does make a difference if you change the setting on yout digital camera - I used to take everything on landscape and wonder why some photos just didn't come out well.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message