Thursday 1 May 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 18 - 2014 #R2BC


Welcome back to the blog hop being hosted here. The lovely Jo at Ojos World is having a well earned rest after looking after us all in April. Thanks Jo! Welcome to everyone whether old timers or newcomers we all want to share what has made you smile this week. To kick you off here are mine:

1) Guinea Pig lawn mowers

As the weather has stayed nice our little furry friends are enjoying spending their days nibbling the grass in the garden. Its giving my daughter and I plenty of practice at catching them too! Here is Bubble playing peek a boo:



2) Running

I managed to complete my first proper 10 km race since December this Saturday. It was a bit of a struggle but I accidentally broke my 1 km and 1 mile personal bests on the course:


My lack of training showed as I was slower than my last race but at least I finished with a smile and at a run. This is my official photo at the 9.5 km mark:


I've been out a couple of times this week training and my stamina is coming back quite quickly so hoping I'll be back on form when I repeat the race in July..

3) My flag carrying Beaver Scout

It was the annual District St George's service and my son was asked to carry his colony's flag:


What is making you smile this week? 



Reasons to be Cheerful

24 comments:

  1. Merlinda Little1 May 2014 at 08:28

    I really wanted to go back and run! Nice to read your #R2BC =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your boys pic on his silent Sunday, fantastic. Well done on racing again, you look fantastic! Last time I did 10k I ended up in hospital the next day........and haven't been right since! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for the running! Your son looks really pleased! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reasons, a massive well done to you and your son on your achievements this week. I'm making a slow return to running too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, lovely reasons! WTG on the running and your son carrying the flag, you both look very proud :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with your running Becky and I loved watching my JJ with his parade on Sunday too. Have a great week, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. its such a nice feeling to improve isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. celebratingmums2 May 2014 at 14:08

    Love the photo of you - beautiful which takes a lot of doing after a long run I imagine so must be a natural beauty. Flag carrying brought back memories to me. Such a cute pet! @kateonthinice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha! That is fab. I love finding things like that but it's such a time sucker isn't it?! I can look through my boxes for ages. Fab pics. I have pictures, revision notes (colour coded) and programmes in my box(es!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to not waste too much time on this sort! Will need to do more but for now heading to the loft..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elizabeth Townson2 May 2014 at 21:46

    Amazing! Love the pic of you with your ex boyf

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the trip down memory lane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. why thank you for the compliment! didn't feel beautiful at that point ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got all sorts of stuff - lots of tickets for gigs and club nights, photos, flyers, letters - I love looking through them all :D x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message