Wednesday 7 May 2014

Workout Wednesday - Building My Stamina Back

One thing that the Langdale race showed me was how bad my stamina had become with a lack of training! So I have been working back at the 10 km runner programme to work on my intervals. These are currently sets of 10 minutes of running with an increasing amount of walking between each run. I have now done 2 of these and yesterday it was so much better when I went out:



I added some bits on to my route to make the 70 minutes not end up with a boring loop! Some of it was so peaceful and picturesque:

Old canal route near Natland Rd, Kendal


One of the old canal bridges, Kendal
One of the old canal bridges, Kendal

Along the River Kent, Kendal
Along the River Kent, Kendal

Now I just have to keep on maintaining my runs and following the programme until I can run 50 minutes non-stop - I can dream ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message