Tuesday 27 May 2014

#CountryKids Dens in the garden

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
We were very lucky again today and had another dry day, not as hot as yesterday but good enough to spend a large chunk in the garden. There was a scary moment early on when we discovered that the new guinea pig run wasn't completely cat proof:



Luckily just one freaked out cat and two not too sure guinea pigs! My daughter had to climb in to get the cat out... Think we need to work on a more secure compound...

Then my daughter started asking about constructing a den in the garden requiring purchasing new bits. She wasn't too happy when I said she had a perfectly good den kit and kept on insisting on building something more like a mini shed. I wasn't for heading down to a DIY store so instead I got out the camouflage tarpaulin and rope that my son got for Christmas: 



I looped the rope between a tree and a fence post and borrowed pegs from other tents. Then we put the picnic rug inside to make him a sun shelter:



His kit is one that can easily be put up and down anywhere and it turned out to be a great spot to eat meatballs and spaghetti:


Let's hope it gets a lot more use this summer with plenty of dry days. Not sure its a place to sleep out in though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message