Thursday 8 May 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 19 - 2014 #R2BC


So pleased to see lots of lovely bloggers joining in last week! It makes me smile to read about all the the things that are making other people smile. There is definitely something contagious about happiness. Here are the things that made me cheerful this week:

1) Kids being kids

My children had so much fun road testing our new tent in the back garden over the bank holiday. I enjoyed peaceful evenings in front of the TV whilst they were all cosy in the tent:


2) Bank holiday relaxation

Having a three day weekend is so much more relaxing. We didn't do a lot but had fun with BBQs and heading to the playground in the next village. I also managed to have some time chatting to my neighbours in their garden which was lovely.

3) Juicing

I tried a juicing diet for much of last week and it made me feel more invigorated and less bloated. A few pounds came off too. Next week I am going to make a concerted effort to repeat this as it did me a whole load of good - probably mostly due to having 15+ portions of fruit or veg a day! It may have helped give me the boost I needed to get my running back on track.

Bruschetta Juice ingredients
Ready to make liquid bruschetta!


What is making you smile this week? Please join in and grab the badge if you want!



Reasons to be Cheerful

11 comments:

  1. Great reasons, I love bank holiday weekends that are chilled out and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons! We had a rather chilled out bank holiday too. Your kids look like they're enjoying the tent!! I remember camping in the back garden with my Brother during the Summer months as kids, such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reasons to be cheerful! The three day weekend was rather nice, wasn't it?!
    Thanks for hosting #R2BC :)

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely, relaxing bank holiday. Hats off to you with the juicing, I couldn't do it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't keep it up for long ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merlinda Little8 May 2014 at 22:52

    I tried juicing but I got a bit bored of it cuz veggies are expensive. But I might try to go back. #Inspiring #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get a juicer and do this diet for a while. I am taking the diet thing one step at a time...this week I quit smoking. Next week I will quit fizzy drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so lovely and fresh for the bruschetta. I'm also into jucing these days and its really improved my skin and how I feel on the inside. Here's to another wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message