Thursday 12 December 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful: Feeling Festive Edition

Ojos World

Feeling bit down tonight as my last book sale just about covered the costs... Shame as its been a good Christmas fair season really! So I need to cheer myself up with positive blogging:

1) District Scout Carol Concert

This is the first full year my son has been in Beavers so we all went along to the annual district carol service at our parish church. This the first time I've been inside the building since we moved here in 2010 and I was very impressed (I've put a few photos on Flickr of the wonderful Christmas tree festival). It was a lovely service with traditional carols and readings plus awards to Beavers and Cubs. 

There was also a collection of backpacks and school items to donate to Mary's Meals Backpack Project. The charity feeds over 800,000 children a day in Malawi and surrounding countries and they also send school supplies in backpacks. Great to have the children remembering that Christmas is not just about receiving but giving too.  

This is my son posing by one of the wise men in the nativity scene as he is going to be one tomorrow in the nativity:

Beaver Scout with Nativity Wiseman

2) School Christmas Production

The juniors at my children's school always but on a musical production every Christmas. This year it was Hansel and Gretel complete with gingerbread house:

Hansel and Gretel Gingerbread House

My daughter unfortunately missed auditions as she was off sick so opted for being back stage crew. The whole thing was so well performed with all children from year 3 to year 6 taking part. I have to say that the backstage crew did an amazing job and the head even called for them to have an extra round of applause at the end:

backstage crew

3) New hair do

I finally found time to get my hair cut today! Loads of compliments at work from staff an students (probably shows how awful it had got!). Been challenged to use straighteners more often by 2 colleagues:


So why are you smiling this week?


2 comments:

  1. Love the hair do , so chic! Good luck to your son in the nativity tomorrow and well done to your daughter for doing such a great job back stage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Well done to your son and daughter, they are a credit to you.

    That new haircut is gorgeous, really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message