Saturday 4 July 2020

Walks, rainbows and family #r2bc



We seem to be on a Satu
rday for reasons to be cheerful now, oh well! It seems to have been a good week here and I hope you all have plenty of cheerfulness to share. For anyone new to the linky we have a few relaxed instructions: 

What do you have to do? Easy: 

1. Link up a post about something that is making you happy or grateful. It can be a list, photos or any way you fancy 

2. Add the #R2BC badge (at the end of this post) onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they want to 

3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and why not share with #R2BC too? 

I'll stop by all linked up posts to comment and I'll share on social media too. 

Meanwhile here are my reasons to be cheerful for this week: 

1) Back to normal

Last week I had an electrical inspection which caused chaos in the house as we had to move furniture such as my dresser. It felt great when my mum helped me to put it all back and I got my lovely crystal back again:

dresser

2) Double rainbow

We may have had lots of rain but it did mean that we got the pleasure of a double rainbow appearing behind my painted one:

double rainbow and painted rainbow

3) Family meal

My daughter cooked us a rather yummy spaghetti carbonara when we had a socially distanced dinner. Lovely, comfort food in these slightly cooler days:

spaghetti carbonara

4) Finding memories

Whilst emptying my filing cabinet (to give to my daughter) I found quite a lot of family history correspondence. Amongst which was a photograph of my Grandfather Walter and his big sister Olwen taken in 1918 when he wasn't quite 5:

1918 photograph boy and girl

5) More wonderful walks

I have already blogged about our walk from Wray Castle:

foxgloves on Windermere shore Wray Castle

We also had a 7 mile hike just outside Kendal which I will be blogging about soon. It had plenty of interesting stiles:

Cumbrian ladder stile on Dales Way

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart
Now it is over to you...

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you've got all your things out of storage at. Of course now you'll go through it all and winder why you kept some of it. But not the crystal - that's beautiful. Have another good week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that's staying! I am amazed at what I have wanted to keep...

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message