Thursday 12 September 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 37 (#R2BC)

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
I am pretty shattered after our first full week of back to school but there is so much to be cheerful about! 

1) Family Fitness Fun

On Sunday morning it was Bug Running Day and I was out with my son running and daughter cycling at 9:30 in the morning. It was a wonderful morning to be alongside the river getting in a bit of exercise:


My son is dying to join me doing things like the Grasmere Gallop so I need to get him some proper running shoes to protect his joints... Big sister provides support from the back of her bike:

 
2) Extra Curricular Activities

This week saw the return to old activities and the addition of some new ones. For my daughter she started the week by following in my footsteps and joining Guides:

Spot the difference!
My son was back to Beavers so we got tea in the park before hand:


Wednesday my daughter started at a local musical theatre group and loved it. We then had a mad dash to get my son to his first swimming lesson where he demonstrated his new found water confidence.

3) My Fitness

It's great being able to get out walking and running again. I really missed it all during the holidays. Getting my fitness back up will take a while but I am loving being out running with views like this:


I have also been walking to and from work which really clears the mind.

4) Operation House

Not as much progress this week but I can see small improvements! I will get there in the end...

So why are you smiling this week?


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view, that sure is a good incentive to walk/run. Your daughters guide uniform is much nicer than mine was and looks a lot more practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots lovely places round here to be outdoors same as your place! it is so much more practical than our old A line skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do so much! I feel slightly inadequate!! lol.
    Love your photographs, you live in such a beautiful area x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, my JJ has asked to come out walking with me but I've not progressed to running yet - it will be good for both of us! Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message