Saturday 25 September 2010

Do si do your partner

Yes I have just been to a Hoedown with my family! I don't think I'd done any of that style dancing since my wedding 8 years ago but I've always loved it since I was a kid.It was a chance to introduce my own children to the fun that country dancing can be. To complete the fun we took along my dad who has also always enjoyed a reel or two as no previous skill is needed.

The event included people from age 2 to 80+ and most people got up and had a go. It doesn't matter if you have 2 left feet, or don't know your left from your right. As the caller was heard to say "no your other right" as children got themselves all mixed up.

My two gave it a go and did seem to enjoy themselves:


In one dance I started off in the lady role and somehow ended up as a gentleman as in Lucky Seven dance we all got very confused and it went hilariously wrong. But that's the great thing about country dancing you don't have to be a perfect dancer although a sense of humour is essential..

So dig out your dancing shoes and come on down to the next hoedown or ceilidh that comes to down and take your kids, parents and grandparents with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message