Saturday 21 June 2014

#Juneathon Day 21 Fitting in fitness around the kids!

I always struggle to run at the weekend. My daughter refuses to run and my son only goes a certain distance so its not easy. So after yesterday's mini jog I thought I can do better than that...

My daughter was on a Guides event so once she had been dropped off my son and I donned our running shoes and set off along the river bank:


We headed to the playground the long way round. There were times he wanted to walk and I jogged the same section several times going backwards and forwards. He did run chunks of it such as through the mini woodland on the way to the tip:


By the time we hit the canal path he was slowing right down...




So we took the shortest route to the park! I then ran once around the park whilst he headed straight into the play area.

Then we started to jog back in to town to get a drink, at this point he realised that he had dropped a fiver so we had to retrace our steps to try and hunt for it. Unfortunately for him it was no where to be found on the way back to the car:

We then wandered around town for a bit whilst waiting to collect his sister:


My iPhone ran out of battery part way through the first run so I haven't got a Moves app total today. Doing some quick maths I did just over 5 km in total both running and walking although running was greatest!

6 comments:

  1. Merlinda Little21 June 2014 at 23:54

    I usually do floor exercises. Just 2-10minutes from fitsugar (they have free exercise videos). When I do this with my son present I cant exercise as he would usually ride me. I know extra weight right? But its really just him bugging me and tickling me so no I cant exercise around or with my son =P #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. rebecca beesley22 June 2014 at 00:06

    the paper mill sounds interesting. Well done for still fitting in a run and getting the kids involved. #countrykids xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coombe Mill (Fiona)22 June 2014 at 20:34

    I have to resort to the gym late in the evening here at Coombe if I have had a particularly busy day, either in the house or back and forth to school and activities during the day! Well done for managing to fit some in though and involving your boy as well. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the unhealthiest I've ever been thanks to having N. I have to exercise first thing, but N now wakes earlier than me, so having a toddler while you exercise doesn't really work. And walking doesn't really count as exercise as toddlers walk really slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its great that he went out with you. I wonder if he'll be asking to go with you again soon. *avoids question about exercise* #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message