Friday 20 June 2014

#CountryKids and #Juneathon day 20 mini run

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Some times combining being a single working parent and trying to get fit by running just don't mix! Today was one of those days as I had been volunteered to go on my daughter's school trip to a local paper mill when I would normally run:

Croppers paper mill
Croppers paper mill

So where on a Friday I normally clock up 7km of running I merely managed a 300 m dash from the train station back to my car:




After work I didn't have time to do anything so in desperation I dragged my 7 year old out for a very brief run. We are lucky that there are local paths to go out on:

down to Kentrigg
down to Kentrigg

It's a nice quiet footpath but a tad overgrown at the minute:

running along the Kentrigg path

By the time we got back to the road my son was telling me to walk! He did get a second wind as we ran around the field behind our estate:

running round the meadow

We had to exit the field over the traditional stile:



A last little jog for me and a sprint from him and we were back home. So not a vast run but it got me panting and sweaty so that has to count for Juneathon (total today 3.6 km walking and just over 2 km running):



Anyone else find it hard to get their exercise in around their children?

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie Oakes20 June 2014 at 23:16

    What a gorgeous setting! Sounds like an idyllic day was had x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Oakes20 June 2014 at 23:19

    Good on you, especially in the heat! Sun cream and sweat really don't mix do they! There is nothing worse than the sting as it goes in your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect family day. How lucky you are to have all that on your doorstep :)
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell from your face that you really love all this. I am so impressed! I can not run. And not in heat especially so I am always in awe of people who can! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I love there was a mural painting wall, I'd be a total big kid if I saw that :D X

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message