Monday 16 June 2014

#Juneathon 16 A long country run and a few short walks

It is perfect timing to have Juneathon to encourage me whilst I am working my way to 10k running fitness! Really helps to get me out there and working on my stamina. Monday's are my country run day when I leave my car near the children's school and make the most of the just over 5 miles back to our house!

I start off with a nice warm up walk over Barley Weir bridge in Staveley:



Barley Weir, Staveley, Cumbria

With a lack of rain the water levels are pretty low but you can see why they built mills along the River Kent throughout the village:

Kentmere Paper Mill, Staveley, Cumbria



Once over the river I have a couple of minutes walking down the usually very quiet lane on the far side of the river:


lane, Staveley, Cumbria

Now I am back to running a decent non-stop 40 minutes there isn't as much time for photography as I run out of the village, nip along a bit of the bypass before heading down in the valley through Bowston and Burneside. In fact today I ran all the way out the other side of Burneside before I had an all too brief 2 minute walk here:


Burneside to Kendal footway

All too soon I had my final 10 minute run which took me around the edge of Kentrigg along the footpath before I wiggled around our estate. I try to make this last bit more varied! In total the route was 8.8 km and I ran most of that so I am very pleased.



With my car 5 miles away I had to walk to work, this is a pleasure on a dry sunny day and the footpath to Dockwray was looking lovely with plenty of flowers along it:




I love crossing over the 1907 bridge which was relocated to Dockwray in 1990 from the other side of town. The river was looking very tranquil:

River Kent, Dockwray, Kendal, Cumbria

After work I strolled down to the train station to get back to Staveley. Then I took the scenic route round the village to get to the school:


Back Lane, Staveley, Cumbria

It all added up to a record run for the month and a tidy walk total too:



Tomorrow I will have to manage to fit some extra walking in somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message