Saturday 7 February 2015

#CountryKids Triple Parkrun

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

It was a beautiful clear morning up in Cumbria today:


My son and I were intending to do our first Parkrun of the year and I was surprised but pleased when my daughter said she wanted to run too! So a bit of a frantic panic to get her barcode and find all three of our kit to get out the door. Turned out my son's running trousers were at the grandparents' so he had to make do with shorts... When we reached Fell Foot it was just above freezing and the ground was frosty and the lake like a mirror:


My daughter was advised not to go off too fast but of course she didn't listen! I couldn't keep up with either of my two or my son's friend for the first 1.5 km. I did pass my daughter when her energy ran out but she did eventually cross the finish line.  She managed a sprint finish:



As for her little brother he smashed his course PB by 4 minutes and was waiting with his friend when I finished in my own new PB of 31:37 which was 40 seconds faster than in 2014. We were all very happy to head to the cafe for refreshments:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message