Thursday 22 August 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful: week 34 #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
It's hard to believe that the summer holidays are almost over already but I am still cheerful! Here are my reasons this week:

1) House Sorting

Its an never ending project but a few days of swapping furniture around and getting my children to part with toys has led to my son's room looking like this:


As you can see he doesn't have much space so having the storage sorted and the amount of toys reduced is essential! At the minute he is paranoid about keeping it tidy so let's see how long that lasts... Now I just need to get the rest of the house sorted...

2) Kids having fun

My daughter has spent 4 days at High Borrans outdoor adventure centre. She is having a fabulous time doing things such as canoeing, caving and ghyll scrambling. By being in a group of school friends she is being challenged to do things she wouldn't normally do. My son had one day there on Friday and he definitely tried things he had told me he would never do! Its fantastic that my children are challenging themselves and having fun at the same time.

3) Family fun

We have also been making time to have fun together. This has included the trip to Morecambe, a Tudor weekend at Sizergh Castle:



A day at Fell Foot and Wray Castle have all added to our smiles. I am sure there is still more to come before we go back to work/school in September!


10 comments:

  1. All in all a really fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an action-packed week full of memories already I am sure. I am on the sort the house out bit too - never-ending but about 16 black bin liners later, I am seeing progress @kateonthinice

    ReplyDelete
  3. from daughter's room 2 and son's 1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fun busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep going back to work for a rest in September ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely reasons! could you please come and make my boys bedrooms look like that xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sons bedroom looks the exact same size of mine - we had to build the furniture in it we couldn't get it in the room fully built. It's a nightmare trying to fit evey thing in isn't it? Well done with getting him to part with toys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry have to do my daughter's then mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my dad had to put his bed together in there which was nightmare! he likes having space to play for moment!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message