Thursday 28 November 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 48, year 3 #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Whilst Michelle is taking some time away from Reasons to be Cheerful she had kindly let me host the linky for the month of November. This is my last week then I am handing over to the lovely Ojo's World. So here are my reasons this week:


1) Dr Who at 50!


OK yes I am geek and I am raising my children to be geeks so we have loved all the hype around the 50th anniversary of Dr Who! We all just love the programme and there were plenty of in jokes for all of us in the anniversary special:




2) Proud Mummy


My daughter passed her bikeability award at school meaning she should now be safe on her bike! I've already written more about this early in the week. My children are now also featured in a properly published book!



Marc Grimston with junior authors

3) Operation Tween Bedroom

Tonight I sold the last piece of surplus furniture from my daughter's bedroom. She and I have put all the pieces she wants into the right places and it looks so much bigger! It does look like we may need another trip to Ikea to get some more Trofast storage units but now its a case of getting her possessions one box at a time down from the loft and putting them away... 

4) Getting Fit!

I wrote yesterday about the fact that I finally feel that my running is coming together! Its a real major reason to be cheerful that I seem to have suddenly upped my game and I am on a roll. I am able to say hi to people as I run so I still have some potential too! The fact that whilst running this week I had a close encounter with a wren is also another reason to smile!

So please join in and tell us why you are smiling this week:

7 comments:

  1. Well done to your daughter for passing!! :D
    Lovely reasons to be cheerful! I love the pics. Aww.

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic to have your kids immortalised in print! Fab. The Dr.Who hype even reached us here in Canada, we're all geeks too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for geeks! it is a wonderful souvenir for them to treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely easier to do it in small steps! still long way to go but getting there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeannette @autismmumma29 November 2013 at 13:38

    Well done to your daughter for her Bikeability, we've recorded the Doc Who but haven't got around to watching it yet. Lovely that they're featured in a book too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message