Saturday, 23 July 2011

Saturday Recipe Swap: Easy Peasy Fairy Cakes

On week 2 of this recipe blog hop I am after your easy baking recipes that you do with your children. Please post your link and then add the blog hop code to your post. Can be a new post or one from your archives! Look forward to trying some out :-)

Easy Peasy Fairy Cakes

This is something I regularly do with and without my kids and it is so easy that my 7 year old can do it herself (except putting in oven obviously!).

  1. Heat oven to 190 C (fan 175 C)
  2. Pop papercases into a 12 hole cake baking tray
  3. Get a large mixing bowl
  4. Sift in 4 oz of self raising flour
  5. Add 4 oz caster sugar
  6. Add 4 oz margarine or butter
  7. Add 2 medium eggs
  8. Add pinch bicarbonate of soda
  9. Add few drops vanilla essence
  10. Mix together until mix drops off a spoon
  11. Share between the 12 cases
  12. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven
  13. Once cooled decorate

For variations:
  • substitute 1 oz self raising flour for cocoa powder and instead of vanilla essence add a teaspoon strong coffee
  • Add 2 oz of chocolate chips or dried fruit
Please come and join in the blog hop. I loved trying out last week's recipes!


  1. Oops! I said spaghetti pie and linked up my cola cake recipe! Guess they will all be surprised! I am a new follower of yours. Thanks for the hop! Please stop by to say hi!

  2. I'm not sure this is one that you would necessarily make with the children but it does offer a helping of dark, rich Heaven in a dish...

  3. I love sharing recipes! Have linked up my jam/jelly post. My grandma used to make jam with me and I loved it, my recipe is really easy and can be done with any fruit.
    Thanks for a lovely link up


I love it when people leave a message