Saturday 23 July 2011

Saturday Recipe Swap: Easy Peasy Fairy Cakes

On week 2 of this recipe blog hop I am after your easy baking recipes that you do with your children. Please post your link and then add the blog hop code to your post. Can be a new post or one from your archives! Look forward to trying some out :-)


Easy Peasy Fairy Cakes


This is something I regularly do with and without my kids and it is so easy that my 7 year old can do it herself (except putting in oven obviously!).



  1. Heat oven to 190 C (fan 175 C)
  2. Pop papercases into a 12 hole cake baking tray
  3. Get a large mixing bowl
  4. Sift in 4 oz of self raising flour
  5. Add 4 oz caster sugar
  6. Add 4 oz margarine or butter
  7. Add 2 medium eggs
  8. Add pinch bicarbonate of soda
  9. Add few drops vanilla essence
  10. Mix together until mix drops off a spoon
  11. Share between the 12 cases
  12. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven
  13. Once cooled decorate

For variations:
  • substitute 1 oz self raising flour for cocoa powder and instead of vanilla essence add a teaspoon strong coffee
  • Add 2 oz of chocolate chips or dried fruit
Please come and join in the blog hop. I loved trying out last week's recipes!



4 comments:

  1. Oops! I said spaghetti pie and linked up my cola cake recipe! Guess they will all be surprised! I am a new follower of yours. Thanks for the hop! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure this is one that you would necessarily make with the children but it does offer a helping of dark, rich Heaven in a dish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sharing recipes! Have linked up my jam/jelly post. My grandma used to make jam with me and I loved it, my recipe is really easy and can be done with any fruit.
    Thanks for a lovely link up

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message