Thursday 7 July 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XVI (#R2BC)

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Well after last week's stresses I really need to emphasise the positive and keep on smiling!

1) Academic success

I have had confirmation that I passed my Preparing To Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector certificate. This doesn't qualify me to actually teach but its an initial step giving me the confidence to look into doing a Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector in the Autumn. It also helps to give me confidence in teaching people to do family history for my Kendal Family History Services.

My son also really enjoyed his 2 taster sessions at his new primary school and I couldn't get him out of his new uniform! Think he is ready for it all so just hope its not too tiring when they start for real on September 7th after 7 weeks of no school...

2) Sorting out my benefits

The real human beings at Kendal Job centre have got me back on the system after the Carlisle office took me off last week. They have said that in future they will fax any documents for me to the DWP so that there is a record of them being sent as things "often' go missing! My MP Tim Farron has written to the Secretary of State to complain about the way I have been treated so I hope that this can stop it happening to people in more vulnerable positions than me.

3) Family fun

I had enough left from my lottery win to treat my kids to their first ever visit to the circus as Circus Vegas are in town this week. We took advantage of the first night cheap tickets and queued for an hour to guarantee ring side seats (a choice I would later regret!). It was a really good mix of things to make you gasp and to make you laugh. At times the looks on my kids' faces was priceless. Of course sitting on the front row we ended up being squirted by the clowns and I ended up with the comedy trampolinist almost on my lap! 


the amazing sword balancing lady - yes that is a dagger in her mouth balancing a sword!
4) My weight

Despite all the stress and still no exercise I actually lost 1/2 a pound this week. A micro step in the right direction and I just need to get myself re-motivated especially with the school holidays coming up..

5) Saying it with flowers

I looked after my parents' house whilst they were on holiday and my mum sent me some gorgeous flowers from Scilly to say thank you:


They have pride of place in my newly sorted kitchen (not completely finished but a whole lot better!) which is another reason I'm cheerful this week!

7 comments:

  1. It's always lovely to receive flowers! That is something to smile about x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have had a great week. I am glad you enjoyed the circus and hope you will enjoy teaching when you eventually fulfill your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the circus and hope you will eventually enjoy teaching, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be an advice worker so if you have found real human beings in a jobcentre that is a huge cheerful reason for sure.
    Well done on your achievements and please don't put them down. You are doing great and losing weight too woman - you are a marvel!
    What I like is how you help and think of others too. Like how you say the MP action will hopefully help others. You deserve flowers and lots more beside

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sword swallowing looks a bit nerve wracking! Glad you had a good time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good week all round x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww some lovely reasons to be grateful. I love the Circus but Chick hates it with a passion so we never get to go....hope you had a lot of fun even if you did get squirted :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message