Thursday 21 July 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XVIII (#R2BC)

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

It's not been a bed of roses this week but I'm coming out smiling and here's why:

1) My daughter's school report

After my son's report last week I was hoping that my daughter would get as good a one. A quick look at her KS1 SAT's results was a great start:
  • Speaking and listening 2
  • Reading 3
  • Writing 2A
  • Mathematics 3
  • Science 3
On the whole the rest of her report was also good though her teacher was trying to find nice ways to admit my daughter is "bossy"! She came across as an enthusiastic pupil who has done really well despite all the upheavals in her life over the last 2 years.

2) Son finishing nursery

This had the potential to be a tear jerker as its the end of an era! However we had a lovely farewell party at his nursery this week for all the children leaving this month. There were bouncy castles and a magician as well as free ice creams (supplied by my church!).


3) Kids' swimming


At the end of term both my children passed their assessments to move on up a group. They have come on so much since starting at Troutbeck in January. Their confidence has increased and its a joy to watch them. We will see how things are after the school holidays and we must practice over the summer!




4) Slimmer of the Week!


What a great way to get back on track with the diet - a 5 lb weight loss and slimmer of the week! It may well be that listening to my Thinking Slimmer slimpod is finally working. Let's hope it continues to stop me feeling hungry so I can stick with my Rosemary Conley low fat and lots exercise regime.



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've all had a super week. Your daughters SATS are brilliant - she'll be in a super position to cope with Junior school. And all my girls are bossy - even though two can't talk yet! Think it's a girl thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with bossy. That girl will go far! Sounds like a great week and a great way to gointo the summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful week! My son finishes nursery at the start of September & I know I'll be crying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on all fronts.
    So hard when you see them leave a good nursery. One of those milestones that make you realise the brevity of childhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it sounds like you've had a great week! Congrats on the 5lb weight loss - that's one of my reasons too this week! Really keen to hear that you have used Thinking Slimmer alongside a weight-loss programme - have been thinking about getting the Choc-o-holics one as I love chocolate so much! Well done to your children on their achievements too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, what a great week! Well done to you all. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message