Saturday 23 November 2013

#CountryKids Autumn Walks and Bikeability

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

After last week's dismal lack of outdoor fun I knew I needed to up our game! So on Saturday I allowed extra time for my daughter and I to walk to our destination. We went over the River Kent:

River Kent, Kendal


And had a magical walk through a very autumnal Abbott Hall Park:

Abbott Hall Park, Kendal


Of course darkness had come before we left which made it seem a bit like Narnia but without the snow:

a night walk in the park

We could see the parish church all lit up:


Kendal parish church

And enjoyed a brisk walk back along the river:


a night time walk along the River Kent, Kendal

It was lovely to be out and about together enjoying the fresh air and the surroundings.

This week my daughter's school has been doing Bikeability for the year 5 and 6's who are cyclists. Takes me back to my cycling proficiency days (although that was taught by my mum and another mum and not professionals!). They had 3 days of training and then today took a test. I am pleased to say that my daughter came home with a shiny badge:


rbikeability level 2 badge

So now she and I can hopefully go out more on our bikes! Just a shame my son has to wait 3 years to do his course.. 

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely walk with some great scenes. Well done to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn (@ihavecards)23 November 2013 at 09:14

    Lots of lovely photos. I simple walk solves your fresh air dilemma nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coombe Mill (Fiona)23 November 2013 at 09:37

    I love your photos as the light is fading there. It does indeed look like a scene from Narnia with the park light. Well done on the bikeability, most of mine have enjoyed doing this one too and so good for their road sense. Glad you are all well again and out and about. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely place, well done on the bikeability badge too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful taking a walk as the light changes from day to night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to be well! thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. brinabird and son23 November 2013 at 23:52

    Lovely walk. the darkness adds a special dimension. Hope your daughter enjoys lots of bike rides.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message