Saturday 16 November 2013

#CountryKids Snatching our outdoor moments

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

A combination of clock changes, wet weather and illness has curtailed our outdoor adventures over the last week or so. I am really missing being out in the fresh air with the children... Today I managed to squeeze in a few minutes with a walk through the village to school.

There weren't time to take photos but we managed to park up and walk the last 1/2 mile to school and still get there in plenty of time. The lucky thing is that the village is lovely safe place to walk to school in and we can do it whatever the weather:

Staveley Cumbria Main Street

In fact walking to school in the snow is the only option as my car can't get anywhere up the lane to school. It looks magically when it is completely white:

School Lane Staveley Cumbria

I just hope that we can have some proper outdoor adventures in the coming week and not just make do with a quick walk to school! How do you keep your children outdoors at this time of year when things aren't so easy?

23 comments:

  1. Sara (@mumturnedmom)16 November 2013 at 00:24

    It's really hard, isn't it? We still do the walk to and from school unless the rain is torrential, and we do try and get out somewhere at the weekends, but once the snow sets in it's difficult -unless you go sledging! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coombe Mill (Fiona)16 November 2013 at 00:51

    I do hope we have some snow this winter. I'm sure we were the only place not to have any last year. Your village always looks so pretty, perfect for a winter walk whatever the weather. Not needing the car to make the journey to school is such a plus. We walk or cycle sometimes but with 2 - 3 miles to cover is doesn't happen too often! Thanks for linking up after a week of struggling to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have to drive part way as 5 miles from our house but must walk last bit more often..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hAve snow??? Already?? Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a difference a bit of snow makes. Being ill does take it out of you especially as the nights draw in. Glad you're all on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to snow this year! Sure I'll soon change my mind when it arrives. :) Love that you have had snow already! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. disqus_dIRjNoslsp16 November 2013 at 09:04

    What great shots. Both those photo's depict somewhere calm and pleasant.....quiet too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks hope we can get out more now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was last year ;-) not arrived yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is pretty quiet except for some HGVs visiting factory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos, it does look so pretty when it's all snowy too. Here's hoping this year's dump doesn't arrive just yet! I relish being outdoors, there's something about the fresh air that makes me feel quite revitalised! We're quite lucky in that we have quite a few landscaped gardens or NT properties near us so I try and get out when I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that you can walk back and forth to the school and looks so pretty when you get snow.
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty village. I'm not sure about getting out and about... I think if you have a garden then even wrapping them up warm and going in the garden for an hour or so can do wonders on a miserable day... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wellies, waterproofs and cake tends to the trick! But I must admit to having some lazy sofa days lately too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. definitely a blast of fresh air works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a little apprehensive about the snow this coming winter - I love it...but it also means that my husband and I are the only ones to clear the entrance to our communal drive as our 6 neighbours are not the youngest spring chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of layers! We walk to school too - really wakes you up on a cold morning, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. that lane looks beautiful in the snow!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message