Wednesday 1 August 2018

Ambleside Sports 2018

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall 

On Thursday my son and I headed up to Ambleside for the annual Ambleside Sports. We have been twice before in 2014 and 2015 but have been away for the last couple of years as it is always the last Thursday in July. The fell race was part of the club championships but there was plenty of other stuff going on as well.

We watched some cycling and the start of the gruelling 9 mile Rydal Round before he had a Cumberland & Westmorland Wrestling competition. Unfortunately he came across the eventually champion in round 1 so that was game over... Then he lined up with his team mates for the under 12's fell race (photo by Woodentops):


It was a there and back again race up quite a steep hill:


He had an awesome sprint finish:




But a stitch put paid to his chances of catching the other two runners. He still managed to finish 36/66 runners and 1.5 minutes faster than in 2015:



He then took part in the children's races which are highly competitive:


I was then persuaded to do the mums' race...  I was last by miles although it turned out I was running with an infected foot from an insect bite:



I spent most of the day capturing a taste of the action. Up on YouTube you will find: grass cycling, track running, wrestling, fell running and the children's races:



If you really want to then watch my awesome fail in my race:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message