Wednesday 1 January 2014

Looking back on 2013

Think it's good to start the new year by looking back at my highlights of 2013 which was a pretty good year! 

1) Running

I took up running at the end of January after 20 years! Following the Couch to 5K programme and then 10K runner app I have got myself hooked. I only started logging my distance properly since May and I've racked up 276 km - wow. Included in this was the Cancer Care Star Walk 10 km run, the Preston Race for Life with my daughter, a Grasmere Gallop fun run, the Heaton Park Race for Life with other bloggers and my first serious race the Langdale Christmas Pudding 10 km. Its a revelation that I am enjoying it so much and with lovely landscapes to run through I'm sure I'm going to keep on going...



2) Holidays

We were super lucky this year and actually went on 3 holidays which is unheard of! First of all a bargain half term break at Butlins Skegness as we were lucky and our half term was different from most parts of England so it was cheaper. Then my parents took us to France for a fortnight. We stayed in both Carnac and Seine-et-Marne plus the children had earned us a trip to Euro Disney (have just realised I haven't blogged about that...):



Then we were chosen as Butlins Ambassadors for 2013/14 and so we went to Butlins Bognor Regis at October half term. We will make up for this excess in 2014 as we have no plans for any holidays at all...

3) Fun in Cumbria

We have been lucky and with so much on our doorstep in Cumbria we haven't needed to travel far. Our National Trust membership has been well used with Sizergh Castle, Wray Castle and Fell Foot Park all having multiple visits. We are Forestry Commission ambassadors for Whinlatter and have made great use of that too. Our local ramblers started doing Mini Rambles for families with shorter walks with time to stop and play. Here's to more fun in this beautiful county in 2014:




Of course there was a whole lot more we did but these highlights all stand out. Feel free to browse the archives and see what the Willoughby family did in 2013! Hoping that 2014 is another cracking year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message