Thursday 30 November 2017

Reasons to be Cheerful: Challenges, Wins and Guinea Pigs #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Hard to believe its the last day of November as its gone in a flash! The last time of Michelle hosting then its over to me for December. Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Challenge Complete

When I injured my foot in October I thought that I would fail to earn my 1000 km medal as its either run or walk and not a mix! I had reached 706 km of running and it was tantalising close so frustrating... Luckily thanks to Pokemon Go I have walked over a million steps to 1001 km since May, so my medal is on its way:



2) Guinea Pigs

As the temperatures have started to plummet the guinea pigs can't stay in their outdoor hutch. I have sacrificed a corner of my kitchen to keep them cosy for the winter. I love seeing their little faces and hearing their week whenever I go into the kitchen:




3) Rediscovering Hidden Treasures


Again thanks to Pokemon Go I spent some time up at the Revolution Monument which is tucked away on Castle Howe. I had forgotten where this was until I was heading for a raid:



4) Winter Treats

The cold weather is a great excuse for hot chocolate with trimmings, yummy:



5) Winning Things

My son and I didn't win any awards at the Helm Hill presentation evening but we had a lot of fun and we did win these prizes in the raffle:



5 comments:

  1. A million steps! That's amazing. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I'm dreaming of some hot chocolate now, that looks so good. Well done on getting yoru medal, a million steps since May is pretty phenomenal! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hot chocolate looks amazing, and I also think a million steps is an achievement to be really proud of. Your mentions of Pokemon Go make me wonder again about encouraging my son to take part, especially if it would get us to go to places that we might not otherwise visit x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message