Tuesday 14 November 2017

Annual Bridge Tournament

On Sunday it was the annual bridge tournament in memory of my Granny. My mum and aunt have been organising them since 2011 as close as possible to her birthday. We all helped out to get it set up:


Several ladies had been busy baking and making savoury goodies for the afternoon tea which were served up on an array of wonderful platters:


Then the serious part of the afternoon started with the backdrop of the castle. Even my daughter took part as she has been having lessons:




I was tasked with finishing off the afternoon tea and warming up the savouries:


After 3 rounds of bridge the players tucked into the food and enjoyed some conversation:


A very enjoyable way to celebrate a much loved lady and it raised over £600 for Kendal Mountain Rescue



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message