Thursday 16 November 2017

Reasons to be Cheerful: Birthday Fun & Fireworks #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

The happiest linky around is still in the hands of Michelle so please join in, comment and share the things that have made you smile this week however small! Here are some of mine:
1) Birthday Boy

My son turned 11 this week (how did that happen!). He is growing up fast and this year chose a trampoline party at Jump Rush in Morecambe with his friends. It was so much fun and I wish I had been brave and joined in.... next time:


2) Bubbles

I had won some Prosecco with extra pop-a-ball and fun additions from a local company Fabulous Flutes. It was perfect to enjoy once my house was no longer full of tween age boys and I could sit back and enjoy Strictly:





3) Mummy Treats


I decided I deserved some flowers to brighten up the rearranged living room. Its good that the supermarket do reasonably priced bunches for a mid week treat:



4) Fireworks

I love a good fireworks display and this year the rugby club put on a show with fun fair rides to celebrate their new ground:

A post shared by Becky Willoughby (@lakessinglemum) on




5) Time with my girl

In a week that was mostly about the birthday boy it was lovely to go swimming with my daughter and then have a naughty lunch at Costa (and yes we did sit outside in the sun!):




12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son. A lunch date in the sun sounds lovely and the food is just what I'd order too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of you as being tall. Funny how we can see pictures and know so much about each other via our blogs and yet I'd be surprised if I actually met you. Well I wouldn't be surprised now as you've made me adjust my mental picture of you. Your son has matured from a little boy into a teenager. A good looking one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he smiled when I said the handsome bit! I am short sitting down but tall standing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it hard when they get into double figures, it seems to fly by! Happy birthday to him. Those fireworks looks spectacular and I love a sneaky Costa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. doesn't seem 2 minutes since he started school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a good week and yes every Mum deserves some flowers now and then, yours are beautiful. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A week of treats, celebrations and prizes, I love it! Happy Birthday to your 11 year old, it looks like a really fun party he had x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week lovely! Happy birthday to your 11 year old - it's going by so quickly isn't it? <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't believe he is in the last year at primary where has my baby gone!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message