Saturday 24 May 2014

#CountryKids Meeting Owls

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Today we walked into town as it didn't seem to be as wet as forecast:

All set for a walk

Suddenly my tween daughter has started being fashion conscious and carefully chose her wardrobe for a trip to the shops!


When we got into town we had a surprise encounter with Oscar:

European Eagle Owl

He and his friends live at the Owl Sanctuary and are regular visitors to Elephant Yard in Kendal where people can learn more about these beautiful creatures. My daughter was keen to have a hold of this little beauty Star:



Of course I wasn't allowed to get away without getting up close to Oscar! I have to say when he flaps his wings its a wee bit scary.. luckily his claws were safely on the far side of a leather glove:

Oscar the eagle owl


On this occasion my son declined to have a hold. He has been braver in the past though! 

5 comments:

  1. I am always in awe of your running, especially when the sun blazes as it has done the last week or so. SO many people tell me that running is amazing but I just cannot bare it. I do like a power walk and I've been swimming and doing pilates too lately but running? I'll leave that to you :D
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite impressive! I wish I could run that far, let alone fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not for everyone - I am surprised how much I love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I had 16 months! Ha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message