Saturday 3 May 2014

#CountryKids Camping Out

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

One of the fun things I can remember as a child was camping in our back garden. Nothing fancy just a tent, sleeping bag and air bed on the grass. It seemed like such an adventure though not to be in my own bed.

Now my children are old enough they are enjoying camping out themselves. This year we have bought a slightly bigger tent as we are going away for at least one weekend as a family. Of course the children wanted to try it out in our garden:

putting up the tent

It was good practice for our first proper camping adventure as all new tents go up differently. This one seems fairly simple as it is just one compartment with an over layer and porch. We are able to make it extra cosy with our old medieval sheepskins:

sheepskins in tent

It is a nice little tent and just right for our little family and it just fits into our garden:

Regatta tent

My kids wrapped up snug in their onesies and took lots of bedding:


As it was a chilly night I had put in one of their duvets so provide extra warmth:

How many cuddly toys in the tent

Apparently it was ace to sleep in and very snug. Hopefully when I share it with them there will be room for me as the cuddly toys will stay at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message