Friday 2 May 2014

#CountryKids Fun Running in Langdale

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Whilst I was waiting to run last Saturday my son was able to do his second Langdale fun run. Luckily it had stopped raining by the time he had to line up in this picturesque setting:

Langdale Valley


He was all fired up and ready to go as he is really keen on running and eager to do well:



He had learned from his debut not to go off too fast though the course was a bit shorter this time so when he had his official photo taken he was still going strong:




As he came towards the final leg he managed a final burst of speed to finish in 9th place:


He is still very much a novice and being only in infants school he is not ready for serious training but he is already hooked on running in our glorious countryside. Next stop the Grasmere Gallop which is a whopping 5.7 km so he needs a little bit of stamina building with me..

20 comments:

  1. Well done, will have to ask my friends the name of the place we used to stay in around there. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninth place is a good achievement. Well done. Smiling at that first photo of him. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that he's enjoying running in races already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coombe Mill (Fiona)3 May 2014 at 08:08

    Well done him, he looks like he is really enjoying the race and I love the fun photo by the start line. and I hope you do some fun training runs together, I have fond memories of doing this with Felix when he was in primary and loved running. Thank you for sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, well done to him. Love the photo's, I can't run up the stairs without being out of breath so 9th place is amazing for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. chantelle hazelden3 May 2014 at 09:14

    Well done to him!!! He looked so determined!! #countrykids x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merlinda Little3 May 2014 at 11:30

    well done! Thats an awesome age to start me thinks to start training! He can be an olympian! Endless possibilities! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara (@mumturnedmom)3 May 2014 at 16:35

    This is so brilliant, I love that he is keen on running. My older son (almost 8) wants to start running with me, and now that the weather is finally picking up I'm going to start building up his stamina, really looking forward to running with him. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. its nice to do together :-) thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  10. so great to be able to do fitness together

    ReplyDelete
  11. sabrina montagnoli3 May 2014 at 20:49

    I love that look of determination! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun experience! Great job to your kiddo for wanting to run and coming in 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adventure Togs5 May 2014 at 20:50

    You must be so proud. Bless him

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! He's running 5.7 miles next?
    I guess a glorious setting will distract from some of that.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message