Friday 11 March 2011

Flashback Friday: What's in a name?



Another trawl through my genealogical archives this week for Karin to produce this photo:


You maybe wondering why I have a photograph of a horse as part of my family tree! It's all because of my great, great grandfather Mark Kellett who was rather fond of gambling on horse races. On one occasion he bet on Lily Agnes as she came up trumps, so when my great grandmother was born she was called Lillie Agnes in honour of the win. The horse went on to produce one of the greatest ever race horses Ormonde and my great grandmother went on to marry Charles Band and produce my granny and my great uncle.

3 comments:

  1. I love your genealogical travels! ;) What lovely horseys! Thanks for participating in #FlashbackFriday! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely flashback from your family tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's lovely, my gramps loves horses. He always used to take me to horse shows when I was younger...

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message