Friday 25 March 2011

Flashback Friday: Military men



For Karin's Flashback Friday I am again delving into the family archives to look at some photographs of my family when they were serving their country.

Firstly my great grandfather Charles Band who served during the first World War. Here he is on his wedding day in 1915 proudly wearing his uniform:


I must try and find out more about his military service using Ancestry.co.uk. His son my great uncle - also Charles Band - served in the Second World War:


He served in Burma but luckily wasn't captured by the Japanese. He was working with the ghurkas and had lots of tales to tell.

Most of us have had service men (and women) in our family with two World Wars. Do you have photographs of yours to share?



4 comments:

  1. I love looking at your old family photos theyvare so interesting and full of history. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing lady! Such a lot of history in this post and what gorgeous photos! I love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing a real blast from the past for Flashback Friday! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have so much history and interesting things in your Flasback Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - those are great pictures. True family treasures.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message