Friday 19 August 2022

parkrun Tourism: Talkin Tarn Country Park (Brampton) #18: 4/6/2022

 


On June the 4th, I headed up to Talkin Tarn Country Park outside of Brampton in the north of Cumbria. This was a bit of an adventure as I had only been up this way when visiting Hadrian's Wall. There was ample parking and a free parking permit for parkrunners. After over an hour of driving it was a relief to have plenty of decent loos too! I should have checked the parkrun's Facebook page to know that it was a special Jubilee event and they even had the Brampton town crier as starter and marshal:


Talkin Tarn country park parkrun


The course is a two lapper and it starts inside the woodland. This made for quite a congested start as there was a large touring group from the NE. I had to walk for the first minute. My video of the run is here.


Talkin Tarn country park parkrun


Once on to the lakeshore things spread out nicely and I got into a rhythm. The course is a good mix of surfaces with some slight hills as it circles around above the lake:


Talkin Tarn country park parkrun


The volunteers had truly taken to the Jubilee theme which helped to keep us going and smiling as we went round a second time:


Talkin Tarn country park parkrun

Eventually I came in to cross the line in 105th place:

Talkin Tarn Country Park04/06/20222110536:3346.42%

The final test of any parkrun is the post run cafe! The park cafe did not disappoint with a tasty parkrun special:


Talkin Tarn country park parkrun


I would certainly recommend adding Talkin Tarn country park parkrun to your list.


Talkin Tarn country park parkrun


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message