Monday 22 August 2022

parkrun Tourism: Workington #19: 25/6/2022


Video at the bottom.

When I first attempted to complete all the Cumbrian parkruns, it was the two West coast ones that I didn't get to due to travel time. Due to all the lakes and fells you have to take a long way round and it took me well over an hour to get to Workington leisure centre to park my car. Signs then took me over the river Derwent to the start on the far side:


Workington


Being a long established parkrun (June 2013) there were was plenty of signage to show that you were in the right place:


Workington parkrun


On the day 119 of us lined up along the bank of the river to head out to run or walk the 5km route. We went up away from the river towards the cycle route which heads north towards Seaton, then crossing the A596 before coming back:


Workington parkrun


Along the route there was plenty to look at as well as greeting runners heading in the other direction. You pass the Siddick Ponds but no time to spot birds on the nature reserve. If you haven't got a watch then the markers show you how far you have gone.


Workington parkrun

I was happy with my finish time:

Workington25/06/202239410333:5949.93%

The all important post parkrun brews are at the cricket club and are free!


Workington parkrun


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message