Tuesday 18 January 2022

parkrun Tourism: Blackpool - #16

 


As I was going down to Blackpool to video the Mid Lancs XC I decided to get up extra early and so the parkrun first. In fact I got to Stanley Park in time to catch an amazing sunrise:

Blackpool sunrise

I was made very welcome before we all set off along the B route (avian flu stopping normal lake laps):


As it was a flat route I felt very comfortable and in fact had to slow down a few times as I hadn't planned on running a fast one! In the end I came in with an official finish time of 34:20 which was 4 minutes and 14 seconds faster than on New Year's Day... yes that course is hillier but it was a real sign that my fitness is improving. 2022 is now faster than 2021 for me at parkrun but its still my 2nd worst year (so far):


parkrun times


Having ticked off another NW parkrun my official parkrun map now looks like this:


The gap is Fleetwood prom so I guess I need to head there when I get a free Saturday morning! I have been to other parkruns across England & Scotland but now I am working on getting to ones that are next to this big block. To earn a special buff I need to visit 4 more different parkruns:


parkrun tourism

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message