Tuesday 8 May 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Running, hills and sunshine #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

We have been so busy creating memories and enjoying the wonderful weather that I am a few days later joining in with Michelle on Reasons to be Cheerful this week! It has been a pretty happy week for us.

1) Hiking up Pen Y Ghent

I have already blogged about our wonderful hike up Pen Y Ghent to film the 3 Peaks' Race. How can views like this on a sunny day not lift the spirits:


2) Kendal Colour Dash

Being part of a community fund raiser brought smiles to lots of our faces:



3) Social Running

A friend of mine realised that there a lots of ladies in the area who sometimes could do with a companion on a run. So she started a Facebook group and 3 of us met for a run at Sizergh Castle. I will be writing a full post about it but these were our smiles at the end of 5 km:


4) Elections

We had a full local council election this time and with a controversial issue over a free "car park" being returned to common use it was going to be a closer one than in previous years. I was relieved that the people I voted for got back in as they have done a lot of work for the town.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been reading about your running and hiking week after week and I've not lost any weight. Maybe I need to read faster? Have another good week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much slimmer either ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message