Monday 7 April 2014

Cheats Beef Pie

I am a bit of a lazy cook these days and often lack time to do things properly! This weekend I thought I would attempt something slightly more adventurous but still cutting corners: beef pie.

Ingredients

  1. pack Schwartz slow cooker beef and ale stew mix
  2. stewing steak
  3. tin of chopped tomatoes
  4. couple of carrots sliced
  5. packet Jus Roll pastry
  6. milk to glaze
Instructions for preparing stew
  1. Brown off the meat in a pan
  2. Mix the stew mix with water
  3. Add stew mix and carrots to meat
  4. Simmer for minimum 45 minutes (an hour would have been better!)

Instructions for making pie


  • Prepare pastry as per packet i.e. take out of fridge and unwrap
  • Prepare the dish if you use a pie bird:


  • Spread stew around the dish



  • Add the pastry and glaze with milk



  • Bake at 220C for about 30 minutes



  • Enjoy with extra veggies

15 comments:

  1. That looks Soooo good xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give this a try! Need to buy a little birdie as have no idea where mine is any more!
    Anything that makes cooking quicker or easier is great in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really useful for me as I'm no good at cooking and I need step by step instructions. Looks delicious and really simple! #sharefriday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have time for proper cooking every day ::-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutting corners can be a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think this is cheating at all , it looks yum !

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Jamie Oliver once said, who has the time to make puff pastry anyway? !

    That is the first time I've seen a pie bird! How ludicrously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I think even I could make this. I might even try!!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. how have you survived without one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum yum yum!! I need this! Looks fab! Definitely will be trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds yummy, those pie birds scare me! my gran used to have a few of them and I think they scared me for life!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message