Thursday 20 June 2013

Reasons to be cheerful Week 25 Feeling Fab!

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Our lovely hostess Michelle is looking forward to some time to prepare for her new life in Sussex. Exciting times for her and her family! Nothing quite so exciting here but enough to be cheerful about:

1) Race for Life

As I wrote last week my daughter and I were doing the race for life in Preston at the weekend. A great chance to do something with just the pair of us. I've already written a full post about the day itself but here is a quick montage:


2) My big boy

I"m not sure whether its the influence of the older boys in his class or being in Beavers but he is starting to be much braver about things. On Sunday he had a good time tree climbing in the park near my parents' house:


He is still cracking through the Beast Quests books and we are now on book 8!

3) Running on the Dales Way

Today I felt it was worth trying out my still slightly sore calf on a run home from school. My route is half on the Dales Way which I join just before the railway line outside the village:


Then it follows close to the River Kent through fields and woodlands. Not only do I pass plenty of sheep and lambs but also get to glimpse herons and other birds around the river. Today as I reached the top of a steep stile (the interesting part of running the route!) I couldn't resist quickly capturing the view of the meadow ahead:


Hopefully this will inspire me to keep on running as its all helping my challenge to get healthy which I wrote about yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see your kiddos enjoying the outside so much. Well done to you and your daughter on the Race for Life

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message