Monday 24 June 2013

#CountryKids What do to with your prize coconut!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

As I mentioned on Saturday my daughter won a coconut at the village Fayre. Now I hate coconut and my children weren't too keen on trying it so what to do? Well we have lots of birds coming into our garden so why not let them have it?

First of all we had a relative drill a hole to extract the "milk". Two brave adults (incuding me) had a sip *yuck* - most of liquid ended up poured down the drain! Then the coconut was put in a plastic bag and taken back to the workshop...

Quite some time later we were presented with a blue tit friendly feeder to hang under our bird table:


There were also plenty of chunks for my son to put on the table itself:


He is now keen to see if any birds actually come and eat it! Watch this space...

4 comments:

  1. You know I can't say I've ever tried the milk from a coconut - do birds like it? I will look forward to finding out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coombe Mill (Fiona)29 June 2013 at 21:50

    I even looked at the coconut update to see if the birds did like it! I'm pleased they did, an inspired idea instead of just throwing it away! Thanks for sharing your coconut inspiration with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't bother trying! not sure if they eat it if something else to eat..

    ReplyDelete
  4. just glad my uncle had right tools to fix it!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message