I am not totally obsessed with the statistics of people visiting my blog but I do enjoy watching the numbers go up! Like many other bloggers I have listed myself on a couple of ranking sites I have liked the fact that my ranking has been going up on both of them:
Wikio UK Parenting:
I know that if I want to make money out of my blogging and attract advertisers or sponsors I need to keep my blog moving up the rankings and closer to the top 100. So how do I go about doing this?
- Keep writing articles that people find interesting to read (I can see which work through looking at page views and how people reach my blog)
- Share in blog hops and weekly activities such as Cosmic Girlie's Silent Sunday and Tara's Gallery - not only by posting my own photographs but commenting on others.
- Publicise my blog on Twitter, Facebook etc and encourage people to follow it with all the available tools:
Looking at my top 5 posts since May 2010 what is working for me so far is:
- Countdown to Christmas Day 2: Dear Santa - referencing Steve Backshall in an article
- The YES jar - early days - the search term YesJar on Google is driving readers to my blog
- A drive through my Derbyshire family history - someone seems to have set this as a regular start page
- Do we pigeon hole our children early on? -This article was listed on a feminist web site and generated traffic
- Getting Boys Reading - Competition -A competition always generates more traffic plus referenced Gareth Malone
What other ways do ways do you use to drive traffic to your site?