Sunday 20 February 2011

Reasons to be cheerful/5 Things That Make You Feel Good

The lovely Jenny at her Nairn NICU blog has tagged me in a "5 Things That Make You Feel Good" meme so I thought I would combine it with the Reasons to be Cheerful idea from Michelle.

This was started by Scottish Mum she says:
“I have seen lots of posts about what we struggle with, or things that we like to do, and I’d like to find out a bit more information about all of you. This is my way of doing it. I am looking forward to visiting some of you on the blog hop.”
What you cannot choose.  The Rules are Simple
We all know that blogging/facebook/twitter is in our arena of what we like to do, so I am going to rule them out as one of the 5 that you can post about. They really are not very girly. Likewise, phones, computers, ipads are all out of the running. I am challenging myself to this, as I am really not a girly girly type of person, and I want to find that within myself. It’s not all about power suits, filofaxes, ipads and designer phones.
If you want to pass this along, pick bloggers that you want to find out more about, and challenge them to write up their 5 secret passions that make them feel good. The idea is to lift our spirits this week. The fact that there is a linky added, just makes it all the more worthwhile in doing.
Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy From the Heart

So without further ado here I go:


1) My kids
Even when they have driven me mental all day looking at them asleep in their beds makes me melt:



2) Living in Cumbria
I feel so lucky being able to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the United Kingdom. Even on a grey day it's amazing:


3) My friends new and old
I have friends from high school that have stood by me through all sorts of life changes. Even though our lives have changed we still get together as much as we can and our 9 children seem to enjoy our gatherings! Whilst in Hastings I made some lovely new friends that helped me in my time of need. Since moving north I have met some fab new people that I really enjoy spending time with too.

4) Music
I love being able to listen music to relax or to take my mind off the chores. This is going to be made easier having re-discovered my old iPod and speakers whilst sorting out the house this week. I know we aren't supposed to mention technology but it's the music bit that's important:




5) Family Tree Mysteries
My family tree has been challenging me for over 20 years now and so great when I get to move backwards a generation or find a new surname that is part of my ancestry. This week I found out that my 3x great grandmother was a Sarah Pamphilon from Kingston, Surrey. She was the daughter of a Thomas and Martha Pamphilon and my next challenge is to find out where they were from and what Martha's surname was!

So now I hand you over to the following lovely bloggers so we can see what makes them happy:



4 comments:

  1. I love my babes asleep too - so, so special. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! It seems I've been double tagged this time :)
    Children sleeping are so precious. Watching a child sleep makes you forget about the other stuff that's not so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. think I tagged you via Twitter and on the blog just to make sure :-)
    yep when they look like angels you can forget the chaos they've caused ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you asked for it: http://dangodwin.posterous.com/if-all-else-fails-blame-becky

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message