Sunday 17 March 2019

#RMRChallenge Lakeland Trails Cartmel 10 k with inov8

So yesterday the first of the Lakeland Trails races I have challenged myself to took place at Cartmel. Now training has gone really badly due to illness but it didn't stop me turning up! It was a horrible wet day on which several local parkruns were cancelled due to the conditions but my race only had minor diversions.

The whole race start area was very wet and covered in puddles! It was not surprising that the 18km race was reduced to 10km in the conditions. It was going to be an absolute mudfest. My friend and I took full advantage of inov8's offer of testing our their new Roclite 275 running shoes:


We all wrapped well and headed for the start line. Then it was off out around the race course and up onto the trails proper:


It was so wet and boggy and I was very glad of the extra grip from the graphene in my trainers:



Here is the relive of my race and the footage I took whilst on route:


Due to the lack of training and the conditions it was my worst ever 10 km race but I was oh so pleased to finish and have nearly 60 people behind me:


This is the cheesy relieved grin of a hard earned t-shirt and sticky toffee pudding:


When I returned the trainers to inov8 their tent had a river running through it which helped to clean my muddy socks:


I've set the bar low for the series so let's hope that at Hawkshead on April 13th I can be closer to my previous times of under 1 hour and 16 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message