Friday 21 August 2015

#CountryKids Fell Foot Parkrun

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall 
My daughter has been busy on an activity week this week so we haven't had too many chances to get out as a family. Luckily we all went to Fell Foot Park Run on Saturday for fresh air and exercise:


It was the perfect kind of weather for running as it wasn't too hot or cold and it was dry. We all started together but my son soon shot off into the distance and I could just see him way ahead of me all the way round! He finished 8 minutes ahead of me... My daughter wasn't feeling too well and soon lagged behind me even though she beat me at Race for Life. I was waiting for her at the finish and when I called her name she dragged a sprint finish from somewhere:


I am so jealous of her flying feet and beautiful style:



With a well earned virtual medal each it was a quick stop for a photo before heading for the cafe:


We all love the family friendly atmosphere of Parkruns and the fact you get the full range of ages from 4 to over 80 taking part. For those of us not completely pegging around the course there is time to chat and encourage each other. One man shook my hand afterwards as I had kept him going on the second lap! We are looking forward to being Parkrun tourists tomorrow as we head over to Barrow as the English Stone Skimming Championships are being held at Fell Foot.. 

4 comments:

  1. It is nice that y'all can all participate in the Parkruns. I need to find something like that close to where I live. In the past, my son and I participated in two 5K runs and a Mud Run. He really enjoyed the runs, especially because he received medals for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coombe Mill (Fiona)24 August 2015 at 11:26

    Park run's always look fab, it's great that you can all take part as a family and enjoy the atmosphere. Your daughters running form is really great, your photos have really captured her mid stride too. I bet the kids enjoyed their treats at the cafe after taking part and doing so well in the park run. Thanks for sharing the fun with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a few your way but guess feed run clashes!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message