Thursday 3 January 2019

Reasons to be Cheerful: New Year and Christmas Edition #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart 

Welcome back to the happiest linky around! I hope you have had a wonderful festive break and are ready to face whatever 2019 may bring? Michelle and I will once again be taking turns on alternate months to host the linky so its me for the rest of January. As host I will visit, comment and share all the posts that are in the linky. If you are new to the linky then here are the simple guidelines (we are far too nice to do rules!):

  • Posts must be about things that have made you happy
  • Add the badge code to your post (see end of this post)
  • Add your post to the linkup below
  • Visit the other posts and comment to share the love
  • If you want to then share those posts
So what has made me happy over the last few weeks (playing catch up as been no linky for a month!)?

1) Family & Friends

I am so lucky to live within walking distance of my parents. We are able to see each other a lot and I loved spending Christmas with them:


We also spent an all too brief time with my high school friends back down in the south before Christmas.

2) Helping Hands

My son and I get a lot of help from local family members. It was great to be able to return the favour by helping to shift firewood for them:


3) New to Me



I have inherited my parents' old main TV which meant that I could relocate my grandparents' old TV to my bedroom and giveaway my little old TV to someone else! I've also got my parents' old phones which is great as mine had stopped working...


4) Hiking

There is something about walking up a Lake District fell in good company that is guaranteed to put a huge smile on my face:


5) Parkrun Community

I enjoyed some parkrun tourism on New Year's Day. Such a great community where at Barrow I met some familiar faces and chatted to new people; and Millom to which I travelled in convoy and was cheered on by strangers!


6) Proud Mum

Through determination and perseverance my son won Helm Hill's under 13 championship! First bit of club silverware since he came 2nd in the under 9s in his first season. Onwards and upwards to the under 15s this month...


I look forward to reading what has made you cheerful over the last month! 



get the InLinkz code

Grab the badge code:

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message