Saturday 19 January 2019

#RMRChallenge parkrun 4: Ford Park, Ulverston

After my 3rd Cumbrian parkrun a fortnight ago I only managed to get to my 4th parkrun this morning. Having checked the map I knew that the nearest one I hadn't been to was Ford Park in Ulverston (it also happened to be on my way to visit my daughter in Barrow!):


The parkrun is set in Ford Park which has the Hoad Monument for a backdrop:


The course is currently a winter route so we were going to be facing 4 laps! The RD warned us about the slippery sections where we would be crossing the grass (she was right...). Then 77 of us lined up to undertake the 5km route. It starts with a longish ascent right up to the foot of the hill before tackling the Lady's Walk along the top of the park:





We returned along the walk and then took the woodland path at the back of the park:


We then headed back to the open park to repeat 3 more times:


As per usual there was plenty of encouragement between runners and the marshals. I finished in 66th position with my best time of the year so far at 34:41 (still plenty of time to catch up with 2018!):


It was a lovely little parkrun and the bacon butties in the cafe afterwards were up to scratch! I will have to go back and try it in the summer on the normal route. Here is my relive video of the run:


So where to next? I am enjoying the fact that I haven't repeated myself yet this year:


Well I haven't been to my home parkrun this year yet at Fell Foot but my according to parkrun I should be aiming for:

Nearest event not done yet (NENDY)Keswick, UK - 38km away

I am guessing it depends on the weather conditions as we seem to have hit proper winter at last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message