Wednesday 2 January 2019

Run Mummy Run Challenge 2019 #RMRChallenge #FitB4Fifty

In 2018 my running dropped off due a combination of factors:

  • Plantar Fasciitis which needed insoles to improve so I could get running again
  • The heatwave... I really don't like temperatures above 25 C so running was definitely off the cards!
  • Work - it was great getting an almost full time temporary contract but fitting in running has been hard!
  • No challenges - I had only signed up for one race (which I missed due to a holiday!) so had no incentive to get out the door...
My son challenged me to run every day in December to get me back on track. It was interesting some days to squeeze a mile in every day and some times I had to do a long run to make up for having to miss a day. In the end I ran over 36 miles in 31 days which was my best month of the year:


So I have decided that I need a challenge to do better in 2019, to this end I committed to the Run Mummy Run Challenge for 2019. This allows us to choose our own targets for the year which we had to share online:



So to see those in a more legible form:
  1. Run every Cumbrian parkrun: Fell Foot, Ulverston, Barrow, Millom, Whinlatter, Keswick, Penrith, Workington, Cockermouth, Carlisle 
  2. Complete the Lakeland Trails 10 km series: Cartmel, Hawkshead, Helvellyn and Ullswater
  3. Run the Manchester Half Marathon on 13th October
These are all manageable and I just have to be organised to complete them! I have entered the Lakeland Trails and the Half Marathon (early birthday present) plus the Grasmere Gallop 10 km so my calendar has filled up nicely. Getting the 10 parkruns ticked off will require more planning and effort... Although I have done 2 already thanks to the double New Year's Day parkrun possibility!

I will be doing run reports for each of these 15 events as I complete them to watch this space...  The start of the year is being helped by signing up to RED January for which I have to exercise every day so I can mix up running with other activities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message