Thursday 10 January 2019

Reasons to be Cheerful: Family, YouTube and my Commute #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart 

If I've got the scheduling right its Thursday which means its time for the happiest linky around. So come on over and share the things that have made you smile this week - no matter how small. It as wonderful having old and new friends joining in last week so I hope its going to keep on making us all feel happier. As host I will visit, comment and share all the posts that are in the linky. If you are new to the linky then here are the simple guidelines (we are far too nice to do rules!):



  • Posts must be about things that have made you happy
  • Add the badge code to your post (see end of this post)
  • Add your post to the linkup below
  • Visit the other posts and comment to share the love
  • If you want to then share those posts

So what has made me happy over the last week (apart from all the running posts I've already posted!)?

1) Family

My daughter started the couch to 5km running challenge last week I went out on her first run:



Running made us both smile. Let's hope being back at school doesn't scupper her fitness campaign! We also joined my parents at a local quiz night and were only 6 points off in the top 3 - guess we need to revise before the next one...

2) YouTube

Filming big competitions like the county cross country  and our local Kendal Winter League puts a real boost to my watch time! At one point I had had 1,400 views in a 48 hour window thanks to the 9 videos I made this weekend for the channel:



3) Proud Mum

It is now 4 years since my son did his first fell race on Scout Scar. Not only has he grown and changed he is racing so much stronger and faster. Now he is in the under 15s, despite only turning 12 in November, and he came 13th out of 21 runners most of whom were older than him:



4) Beautiful Commute

Back to work means back to my 1 km walk each way which includes crossing the River Kent. I have been lucky so far that its been bright and clear each day. It lifts the spirits each time and I nearly always pause and take a snap:





I look forward to reading what has made you cheerful over the last week! 



get the InLinkz code


R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

3 comments:

  1. I think your son will be a real star of the future, he's jst gign from strength to strength. Well done to you daughter for getting out there and following in the family footsteps too. Have a fab week ahead. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope he is! She isn't as keen already

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I never made it back last week. I'm hopefully back to blogging now with all sorts of resolve for the new year. I love how your beautiful commute gives you 2 km of walking every work day.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message