Friday 22 September 2017

#FitnessFriday Running Further


It has been a good week all round and it has culminated in a 2 and half pound weight loss this week! So I must have done a lot of things right:

1) Diet

I have eaten some healthier things this week and reduced the rubbish to an extent. This week this has included a chicken and avocado salad with damson ketchup for a dressing:


2) Fitness

I am sticking to the quality not quantity of runs to help my body to recover! First up was parkrun on Saturday which was just sub 33:


On Monday I had a chance to have a go at the 5k route to the north of town again whilst my son was at athletics. I was really pleased with being nearly a minute faster and again at around 33 minutes:





When I went on Tuesday I intended taking it easy... Well I must have taken my foot off the throttle a little as on a much flatter route I was only a few seconds slower than on Monday:



I had a bit of rest day before getting out for my long run on Thursday. My aim is to add a mile a week until I hit half marathon distance! The plan was to run out along the old canal for 4 miles then turn around and come back. I wanted an off road run to give my joints a rest. It didn't quite work out to plan as the canal is sliced by the A590 just before 4 miles so I had a bit of a variation... there was also far too much mud:


A day off running today and I wonder what tomorrow will bring at parkrun...

3) 30 Day Abs Challenge

There have been some tough workouts on the challenge and today the plank was 100 seconds - eek! We even had 175 squats yesterday... so yes my legs don't like me too much. However I can see a great difference and my t-shirt is a lot further down my body:



Next week I will be getting out the measuring tape for a more scientific difference...

9 comments:

  1. Autumn is my favourite too. Very impressed with the amount of stuff you had to sell. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open evenings are obviously a more sophisticated experience in your area! I never went to anything like the one you describe. I'd love to do car boot sales, but I just can't seem to find the energy! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coombe Mill (Fiona)23 September 2017 at 14:56

    I've never been to Dublin so I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all your photos from your few hours there. The tart with a cart did indeed look well handled and would have had all my teens lifting their heads from their phones too! I've not heard of the monument of light spire but it does look very impressive and I love the look of the cobbled streets. Definitely a city worth a visit.

    Thank you for sharing on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! It made me laugh to see the pic of your son with his phone. At least Pokemon helps kids want to explore new places, even if it is just to catch more Pokemon. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've seen the trailer for that film and it looked very good. Well done on the money making with the boot fair and you are very brave doing your own phone. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had such a fab time and did so much, you've made me want to visit Ireland and it wasn't at all on my hit list. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love Dublin as it's so walkable, no Pokemon to think of when I was last there though pre-motherhood! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Poor Molly does look very shiny in places. Dublin is somewhere we have yet to visit. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sara (@mumturnedmom)27 September 2017 at 18:10

    I love the centre of Dublin, it's wonderful to walk around. Love finding all the statues and the local names do make me smile :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message