Thursday 24 July 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: School's Out for Summer! #R2BC


Thanks everyone for joining in last week as always I loved reading all the posts. Hopefully everyone is enjoying the weather even if it is a way too hot! Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) School's out for summer

The children and I all finished the school term on Friday. So nice to have 6 weeks of no school runs and only alarms for special days out! I do have to go in for one day during the time but that's not much in the scheme of things. We have so much to look forward to.

2) Seeing family and friends

One of the great things about living in a tourist spot is that people tend to pass through and stop to say hello! So far this week an old friend from my young free and single days took us all out for lunch as he headed home from Keswick.



Family have also been up for a few days and it was great for each of my children to have individual time with them. I also enjoyed catching up with them. Friends of the family have also been using Kendal as a pit stop and its lovely to see them if just briefly. 

3) Family fun

We have already had lots of fun and its not even a week into the holidays! This included an afternoon at Allan Bank


4) Raising money for charity

On Sunday my son and I ran the Race for Life together, well I say together but for the first time he beat me over 5km!


5) I did it!

I passed my teacher assessments so I can accept my place for September to be a trainee teacher! Exciting and nerve wracking as I have now resigned from my job to accept... Roll on a new era after the holidays..

I am sure we will have so much more to smile about as the holidays go on. Please join us and share your happiness:



get the InLinkz code
Reasons to be Cheerful

12 comments:

  1. Looking for Blue Sky24 July 2014 at 09:57

    Congratulations to you and to your son! Dublin isn't quite as scenic as Kendal, but it is popular with visitors and I benefit too from that :) Enjoy your summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic reasons and congratulations! What an exciting new career for you x
    My week has been a bit aargh but I did have a couple of cheerful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. phew glad you salvaged something x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you could do it!! Voodoo! Roll on Sept and new adventures!
    Sorry I'll was MIA last week, only had one dongle as internet connection, and a teen to entertain in the evenings lol. Will get this weeks written over the next couple of days xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! So pleased for you Becky! You'll really enjoy the course and you'll be a great teacher xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this linky! please tweet me reminders whenever you do it! @vampybear
    linking up from brit mums single parent roundup

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! Its live every Thursday but goes for a week... I take turns with Ojo's World each month. Watch out for #R2BC hashtag

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message