Thursday 10 July 2014

Reasons to be cheerful: running, family fun and good news #R2BC


Thank you everyone that joined in last week with my experiment with the new style link up! We will see how it goes for the rest of the month.. Meanwhile here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Herdwick 10km

I amazed myself by completing the Herdwick 10 km on Saturday despite all the illness and problems in the week leading up to it! I may have not been the fastest ever but it even some how was my 2nd fastest recorded 10 km run (my previous goes on this route only came up as 9.9!).  It was such a lovely laid back event too with so many friendly participants and supporters. I am still waiting to find out where I finished in the field - hope it beats my 191st from April..

2) Family fun

We all had such a great time at the Langdale Gala on Sunday in glorious weather. There was something for all of us and it was a photographers dream! 


3) Teacher training

Yesterday I passed my interview for teacher training so now I just need to pass the literacy and numeracy tests to prove I am intelligent enough. There will be a lot of practice tests in the next week as it is a one attempt only exam... Exciting to be on the verge of a new and momentous career...

Short one from me as I am shattered after all of the above! Please link up and grab the code/badge if you want:



get the InLinkz code
Reasons to be Cheerful

8 comments:

  1. Looking for Blue Sky10 July 2014 at 10:47

    The teacher training sounds very exciting! And as usual the photographs are just gorgeous, you live in such a beautiful place, and congrats on the 10K too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will fly through the rest of the teacher training stuff! I know we haven't met, but you come across as a very determined lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just plenty of practice and remembering to read question properly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you every success with the teacher training. I was a mature student teacher back when my children were five and 8 years old ( a long time ago). You will be able to offer so much more to the profession because you have children of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. similar age to mine now! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with the running, very impressive. Good luck with the test, I am sure that you will pass them with flying colours! Stunning pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah Cruickshank12 July 2014 at 09:07

    Yay on the teacher training Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message