Monday 28 July 2014

#CountryKids Pick your own fruit

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

With little brother waved off at the station big sis and I headed to the nearby PYO fruit farm nearby:


She was soon happily collecting raspberries from the rows of bushes:


I don't think she remembered the last time we did this as it was when she was tiny. She seemed very pleased with herself for quite quickly half filling her tub:



We had the field to ourselves as she carried on picking:


The crop was coming to the end of its season but she managed to find plenty to pick:



Meanwhile I was assigned to the blackcurrant and redcurrant bushes:


She is steadily working her way through the raspberries and at her suggestion we are making apple crumble to add the currants to. I think we will be doing PYO more next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message