Thursday 31 July 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: So much fun! #R2BC


Glad to see I am not entirely on my own to still be blogging in the school holidays judging by last week's entries. Once again thanks for joining in and sharing your happiness. I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say this week before I hand back over to Ojo's World for August (good job her Internet is fixed!). Any way here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) A day at the seaside

I had forgotten how much we loved the beach until we went to Blackpool for the day. Sun, sea and sand made for a magic combination:


Oh and a magic/comedy show too:


2) Commonwealth Games

I only put photos on my post about the Rugby 7s as I was too tired to put it in words! Such an amazing experience to be in the Ibrox stadium with 50,000 other people. I think it was even better than at the 2002 games and equalled our Olympic experience.

In true British style the crowd got behind the underdogs in every match. It was incredible to be part of the U-gan-da chant which commentator Jonathan Davies was still talking about 2 days later! Hopefully my children are old enough to have this stick in the memories for life.


3) Girl time 

My son was whisked down south to visit his cousin by my mum on Sunday for a few days. His sister and I made the most of being able to do things that a 7 year old boy gets in the way of:
  1. going to the PYO fruit farm
  2. watching Hunger Games whilst eating an Indian takeaway
  3. using our prize vouchers at Go Ape! Grizedale
  4. clothes shopping
  5. a laid back lunch at Pizza Express when I got a discount code



Please join us and share your happiness and grab the badge if you would like it:



get the InLinkz code
Reasons to be Cheerful

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely week! I must admit, I am really looking forward to having girly days with my little lady (once she arrives!). I was thinking of taking the boys to the beach this weekend, I've forgotten how much we love it too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet been brave enough to WATCH the videos of the go Ape day, let alone be brave enough to take part! Sounds like you are having an amazing start to the school hols x

    ReplyDelete
  3. its such a simple pleasure being by the sea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait for my kids to be able to do GoApe!! Looks like so much fun.Girl time is vital :0) Here's to another good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is a junior version for kids over 1m!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely reasons to be cheerd.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message